Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I know I need my air ducts cleaned?Most homeowners in the area have never had the duct work cleaned and there are several contributing factors that lead to contaminated duct work such as; high traffic in and out of the home, pets in the home, smoking inside the home, new construction or remodeling of the home, water and/or fire damage. The homeowner will start to notice health symptoms such as; respiratory aggravations such as runny nose, sore throat, itchy watery eyes, dry mouth, as well as environmental indicators such as; excessively dusting the home, dust on furniture, or replacing furnace filters often. If you are noticing any of these indicators or have glaring signs such as mold growth, duct clogs, or are suspicious of insects/vermin; then it is wise to have your ductwork cleaned professionally.
- How often do I need to get my air ducts cleaned?The EPA recommends that you have your air ducts and furnace cleaned and sanitized every 2-4 years.
- How much is this going to cost?Every home or commercial building has its own uniquely designed air duct system. The cost of cleaning this system is dependent on several factors, the age of the home/building, layout, size, and complexity of the system; accessibility to the ducts, general condition of the system, date of previous cleaning, and any additional corrective cleaning options necessary or desired. Therefore Five Star Furnace performs a free in-home evaluation and provides the customer with a written itemized estimate of service recommendations. All recommendations are reviewed and the customer selects and authorizes the services desired to be performed. All pricing and service recommendations are clearly stated and unique to the home/building in which the service is being performed in order to provide the most thorough cleaning as possible. Our technicians make sure they thoroughly understand how YOUR system is set up, inspecting and analyzing all elements, fully ensuring that you receive the best possible cleaning! Every home is as unique as the people that live there.
- Why Five Star Furnace instead of another air duct cleaner?EXPERIENCE: Five Star Furnace is a family owned and operated business, with a combined 23 years experience and satisfied customers. Our trained and certified HVAC technicians have been given a thorough background check and drug tested, hired for impressive resumes of HVAC skills, as well as character traits of honesty and integrity.
THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT: Because of the increasing demand by consumers and technicians, Air Duct Cleaning Equipment is continually evolving, becoming more powerful and more stream-lined. Our company keeps up with the latest technology and innovations in this field. We use state of the art high-powered, truck-mounted, and portable negative air pressure vacuum units.
A COMPLETE JOB-EVERY TIME: Our technicians CARE about doing the best job possible for you. Customer satisfaction survey’s, completed with every job, speak for themselves.
- What method of cleaning do you use to clean the air ducts?The method of cleaning we use is negative air pressure which involves hooking our 5000 cfm vacuum unit to your main trunk lines and we then go in through each individual opening, vents, and returns, with a series of poles, brushes, pressurized air, and rubber whip heads called a viper air whip system that uses air and the whip heads to dislodge and move all dirt and debris in the desired direction!
- Do you have a Cancellation Policy?Cancellation/Re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; if using a coupon or voucher it is subject to forfeiture
- Do you service my area?Distance restrictions apply, travel fees may be assessed. Please call to see if service is provided to your area.
The EPA claims that indoor air has been found to be up to 70% more polluted than outdoor air
Department of Customer Affairs
Children are 70% more likely than adults to be affected by polluted indoor air
The average 6 room house collects 40 pounds of dusts per year
A build up of 0.42 inches of dirt on your heating and or cooling components can result in a decrease in efficiency by 31%
Most people spend 60-90% of their time indoors
Total Health & Better Health Magazine
2 out of every 6 people who suffer from allergies do so because of their direct relationship to fungi or bacteria in their heating/cooling systems
Having your heating and cooling system cleaned and sanitized regularly will increase the efficiency of your furnace, reduce airborne allergens and contaminates, saving you money and keeping you and your family healthy!”